- The Student Affiliate status is available to those who meet the following requirements:
- Are currently enrolled in an academic music therapy or other academic therapy/education/rehabilitation degree program
- Have successfully completed an NMT Institute Training
- Properly represent the practice of NMT
- Seek support through the Academy as needed in order to protect the NMT treatment model
- Music therapy students cannot carry the NMT designation or practice NMT until they have attained MT-BC status or the appropriate certification or credential in music therapy in another country.
- The five-year duration for Fellowship participation begins at the date of professional credential receipt.
- Students from other professions cannot integrate principles and materials from NMT until they have been credentialed or certified within their respective professions.
Students will be listed in the Academy Affiliate Registry as Student Affiliates until the Academy is notified that the Affiliate has achieved professional status. Notification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the date of completion as well as proof of professional status (ie. MT-BC number).