The NMT Fellowship is for MT-BC’s (or the equivalent) who have already completed the Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute. The NMT Fellowship Training is an intensive course which begins with a review and update of current research and clinical practice. Participants are then required to present video examples demonstrating their current clinical work using three different NMT techniques.
Participants are evaluated and will pass with a 70% majority vote.
- Participants will demonstrate a basic definition and advanced knowledge about the implementation of neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT through verbal and video demonstration.
- Participants will demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques as evidenced by clinical choices based on current best practice.
- Participants will demonstrate thru live video, a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals.
- Participants will actively demonstrate current clinical assessments for treatment evaluation.
- Participants will answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Advanced Fellowship Training Dates
Dec. 4-5, 2019
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
More dates coming soon!
Online Advanced Fellowship option
To complete the online Fellowship you will need to:
3) Send a link to email@example.com for your video submissions for a panel of NMT fellows to review.
Video should include: three (3) different NMT techniques you have used with your clients and/or patients. These techniques need to be from at least two (2) of the three domains (e.g. sensorimotor and cognition). The recordings should be no more than one (1) year old. The total video should be no more than 5-10 minutes in length. You are responsible for having the proper institutional and/or client releases.
Please do not hesitate to contact Corene Thaut at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.