The NMT Fellowship is for MT-BC’s (or the equivalent) who have already completed the Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute. The NMT Fellowship Training is an intensive course that begins with a review and update of current research and clinical practice. Participants are then required to present video examples demonstrating their current clinical work using three different NMT techniques.
Participants are evaluated and will pass with a 70% majority vote.
- Participants will demonstrate a basic definition and advanced knowledge about the implementation of neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT through verbal and video demonstration.
- Participants will demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques as evidenced by clinical choices based on current best practice.
- Participants will demonstrate thru live video, a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals.
- Participants will actively demonstrate current clinical assessments for treatment evaluation.
- Participants will answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Advanced Fellowship Training Dates
March 26, 2020-
TIRR Memorial Hermann
Update: The Academy is working closely with TIRR and SWAMTA to reschedule this event for March 2021
April 20-21, 2020
Somerville House, Valmae Pidgeon Performing Arts Complex (VPAC)
South Brisbane, Australia
Update: This event is being rescheduled for similar 2021 dates. Please contact Rebecca Eager with any urgent questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 9-10, 2020
ArtEZ School of Music-ArtEZ Conservatorium
Update: This event will be rescheduled. Please watch the Academy and ArtEZ websites for details.
June 5-6, 2020
The University of Toronto
Update: This Fellowship will be held face to face if travel is allowed however participants will also have the option to join remotely and present their videos via Zoom.
July 6, 2020
Université Paul Valery Montepellier
Please e-mail to email@example.com register
More dates coming soon!
Online Advanced Fellowship option:
Due to COVID-19 and the reduction of face to face training opportunities, the following dates and times have been set up for group Online Fellowship presentations. You will need to simply register for the online Fellowship and email the below information along with your preferred remote meeting session to firstname.lastname@example.org:
April 17, 2020 9:00am-3:00pm EST, 15:00-21:00 (GMT+1)
April 27, 2020 9:00am-3:00pm EST, 15:00-21:00 (GMT+1)
May 9, 2020 9:00am-4:00 EST, 15:00-22:00 (GMT+1)
June 5, 2020 9:00am-4:00pm EST, 15:00-22:00 (GMT+1)
To complete the online Fellowship you will need to:
3) Send a link to email@example.com for your video submissions for a panel of NMT fellows to review.
Video should include: three (3) different NMT techniques you have used with your clients and/or patients. These techniques need to be from at least two (2) of the three domains (e.g. sensorimotor and cognition). The recordings should be no more than one (1) year old. The total video should be no more than 5-10 minutes in length. You are responsible for having the proper institutional and/or client releases.
Please do not hesitate to contact Corene Thaut at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.