The NMT Fellowship is for MT-BC’s (or the equivalent) who have already completed the Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute. The NMT Fellowship Training is an intensive course that begins with a review and update of current research and clinical practice. Participants are then required to present video examples demonstrating their current clinical work using three different NMT techniques.
Participants are evaluated and will pass with a 70% majority vote.
- Participants will demonstrate a basic definition and advanced knowledge about the implementation of neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT through verbal and video demonstration.
- Participants will demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques as evidenced by clinical choices based on current best practice.
- Participants will demonstrate thru live video, a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals.
- Participants will actively demonstrate current clinical assessments for treatment evaluation.
- Participants will answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Advanced Fellowship Training Dates
Online Advanced Fellowship option:
Due to COVID-19 and the reduction of face to face training opportunities, the following dates and times have been set up for group Online Fellowship presentations. You will need to simply register for the online Fellowship and email the below information along with your preferred remote meeting session to email@example.com:
2) Choose a Q & A session to attend. Sessions are held on the 3rd Friday of the month and times will vary depending on participants schedules:
August 21, 2020
September 18, 2020
October 16, 2020
November 20, 2020
December 18, 2020
January 15, 2021
3) Once you have registered you will receive a link to the review modules which will be accompanied by a short quiz. It is recommended that you complete these before submitting your videos.
- Video should include: three (3) different NMT techniques you have used with your clients and/or patients. These techniques need to be from at least two (2) of the three domains (e.g. sensorimotor and cognition). The recordings should be no more than one (1) year old. The total video should be no more than 5 minutes in length. You are responsible for having the proper institutional and/or client releases.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.